Sunday 12 January 2014

#71 - January

NEON! Happy 2014 to you all and here is your first challenge of the year! And what a fantastic sponsor we have!!! We welcome Gauche Alchemy and their team to Punky Scraps!


If you have never heard of Gauche Alchemy, please swing by their store and then why not check out their amazingly inspiring blog.
The ephemera kits and their monthly kits are to die for!! I have been wanting to sign up for a while now but being in the UK I thought it would be too expensive.....fear not as shipping is very reasonable!!!!! :D

Now, onto the challenge - create a project using neon! Will you use neon tape or paint? a neon photo? Will you go white space or grid design?
However you interpret these images use neon and show us what you have created!




Here are what the Gauche Team were inspired to create:

This superb journal page is made by Pam Palmarini



This pretty page is by Heather Pearson


This gorgeous piece is by Lara Wineman 



These cute cards are made by Linda Brun

This beautiful art journal page is by the lovely Peg Hewitt


And now some inspiration from the Punky Team:
I was inspired by the bright colors and I used highlighters to prepare the background and to color the  papers.

Helene
I used three different neon acrylic paint - yellow, orange and red. They are really bright IRL, but it does not show in the photo...

Maria 
I really love these bright neon colours. I ended up using mostly green and yellow and I really liked the contrast with the black and white photo.


Lesley
Lesley chose "white space" with a hint of bright pink here and there


Sara
For me neon is the eighties... But I kind of like it! Had a hard time finding anything to use though. But one can always use mist and washi! And a cool paper with neon details completed the layout. 

Kerry:
Last summer was a bit of a nightmare for my youngest son as he spent 12 weeks either in pot or a knee brace.  I've wanted to scrap this photo for ages but didn't want to dwell on the sombre part of the injury so neon seemed the perfect outlet for it.

Now, here is the generous prize that Guache Alchemy are giving away to one lucky winner:
The prize their Punchinella Variety Pack, Ephemera Variety Pack AND a Mixed Media Color Kit OF YOUR OWN CHOICE!! How awesome is that?


You have until 20th February 2014 to link up with your creations! We can't wait to see what you create :)

Nat and the team xxx

6 comments:

  1. Fantastic submissions by everyone!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, what an awesome array of inspiration, loving them all!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oooh great prize and wonderful DT examples!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awesome creations! So inspiring!

    ReplyDelete
  5. here my LO...http://scrapperita.blogspot.it/2014/01/the-colors-of-my-life.html
    there isn't inlink!
    thanks

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ive linked my layout to the sidebar but it isnt showing up, http://thecolourpress.blogspot.com.au/2014/02/neon-colours-that-light-up-my-life.html

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting and playing along with the punky scrap rebels!!
xxx